Thursday, March 11, 2010

Singing in the Rain...

or humming in the throw-up...

TJ caught the stomach virus that has been going around. Tuesday night, while playing his Wii, he told Thomas his stomach hurt. He said he needed to go to the bathroom, paused his Wii, and was back in less than a minute. I asked him "Did you go to the bathroom?" He said yes, but just to tee tee. I then asked, "Does your stomach still hurt?" He said yes. "Do you feel like you need to go back to the bathroom?" He said yes, that he thought he needed to throw up. So, we all went back into the bathroom. He threw up for the first time, was done, and headed back out to play Wii. He didn't want to eat any dinner, so I didn't force the issue, but he did want to get back to playing! Isn't it amazing how children act when they are sick. It's almost like "the little boy that cried wolf" except you saw the throw up, you know something isn't right! Well, TJ began throwing up about every 30-45 minutes. We laid him our bed so we could try to get a little sleep in between sessions. The first few times were practice runs...we had a trash can beside the bed so I could just reach over, grab it, and put it to TJ's mouth. This didn't always work...for one, I am 9 months pregnant and can't easily lean over to the floor without almost rolling off the bed and onto the floor; and two, TJ didn't always tell me in enough time to lean over, not roll off, and grab the trash can! We ended up changing the comforter, sheets, and pj's twice! However, up until around 2 a.m., TJ was just as pleasant as I've ever seen him! Every time he would throw up, Thomas and I would get the sheets, pj's, and other items changed and TJ would just lay on the floor or in the bed and hum a little tune! I couldn't help but giggle! At one point, I was so exhausted, cleaning up poop, pee, and throw up- all from the same session- and there was my sweet boy humming away! Thomas and I were literally laughing so hard we couldn't stop. He did eventually wear out, but only until he quit throwing up around 7:30 a.m, then it was back to business, I mean playing, as usual. Thank goodness TJ is better, and we haven't caught it...yet!


  1. Bless his heart! Glad he's feeling better and praying yall don't get it!!