Friday, January 24, 2014

Back in the Saddle...Again

I've missed a few months...sort of lost my writing Mojo there for a while. I love Fall, but it kind of throws me for a loop...every single year. But, my babies are growing up and way too fast. They say and do the funniest things, and this is my way of keeping up with the memories, or one day it will be proof to my kiddos of why I went crazy...the jury is still out!

We've had an Anniversary Trip (stuff that axe-murder/horror movies are made from...another story for another day), Thanksgivings, Christmases, and plenty of fun in between, but I feel like sharing the sweet details that define who these little time-stealing, snotty kissing, sticky finger hugging, precious kiddos of mine truly are on this day, at this moment in time.


This guy, whew...if those piercing through my heart, big blue eyes don't get me, that sweet soul sure will! Thomas always knows just the right thing to say to make me feel like the world is not such a harsh place, and that I actually might be doing something right in the parenting world (more likely to be Divine intervention). Last night, I gave him a hug and told him I loved him. And his response was, "Mom, you always smell like perfection. Do you know that you're so beautiful? Because, you are!" I mean...SWOON! I'm not sure I'm ever going to let this little fella fall in love with anyone other than me ;-)

Over Thanksgiving we were visiting my Mom. There were several new family members that came over for Thanksgiving dinner, and we were chatting around. Thomas has always been able to carry on a conversation and hold his own in adult settings. They were asking him questions about everything from school to sports to eventually girlfriends, and at the end he said, "There's probably something you don't know about me, but...I'm known as a lover!" I don't think I've ever thought something was so embarrassing and hilarious all at the same time!




My little Mayhem. Our lives would be so boring without this little spark-plug! Those dimples, those forever long eyelashes that would make any woman jealous, those perfectly smooshy lips, and that lovely (make me wonder what I ever did wrong as a child) stubborn, strong-willed temperament! This kid is going to be something amazing...he will make it happen...his way, or die trying! He is relentless in his mission, finding ways around obstacles (Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Brother, Timeout, Teacher, etc.) to make his desires a reality. He is very passionate about all things, big and small. He loves his Momma, watching movies, dressing up in costumes (every day), grilled cheese sandwiches, playing with his brother & sister, and being outside. He's a leader, that's for certain.

Over Christmas, we were playing Yatzee with my Mom, brother and Grandparents while the little kids played with their new toys. I can't remember what was going on, but Tristan was once again needing a timeout break. I yelled at him to come to me. He walked over, and when I looked down at him, his hands were clasped and eyes were closed tightly and he began, "God, our Father. God, our Father..." He was praying (but with a sly smirk on his face)! I turned back towards the table so he wouldn't see me smiling, and the entire table was hysterically laughing. I shot them all a look of disapproval, and turned back around. Immediately, his smile faded and he closed his eyes tightly, re-clasped his hands and began reciting his prayer again..."God, our Father. God, our Father..." I was done for...and could no longer contain my smile and laughter. I mean, really...he's only 3!

Everyone keeps telling me that he will be something special, and I know it to be true...if I can just make it until then ;-)




This Princess, with her baby blues, cherub cheeks, and rosy kissable lips is the cherry on top of our Sundae. She's sweet, with a little sass. Prissy with a little dirt under her nails. Most days, she eats more than the boys...finishing their breakfast plates if there's anything left. She thinks those boys hung the moon, and if they could, they would wrap it up and put it in her little hands. She wants to be just like them, and gets really upset if they say she "can't!" She wrestles, sword fights, dresses up as Spider-Man, with a baby doll in one hand and a bracelet on the other (Multi-tasking already). She loves sitting on the counter to help me cook or put on my makeup. But, she's her Daddy's girl. She doesn't have him wrapped around her pinky finger, she has both hands tied tightly behind his back! And, I love that she refers to herself as "Tanna-Bug!"

On the way home from a trip to Nana's, Tristan had to go potty. We were in the middle of nowhere, so we stopped on the side of the road. All the boys exited, and Tan and I were left in the car. Her eyes immediately started to well up with tears, and she started screaming for them to take her too. I told her that the boys had to go potty, and they were going to be right back. She started patting her chest, and sobbing she would say, "Me potty too...me potty too!" It was pitiful, sweet, and cute all at the same time. How dare those boys leave her out?! And the other day, I asked Thomas to get the kids dressed back in their church clothes. Tanner had just gotten up from a nap and was sleepily disagreeing with my request, and I could hear her grunting from the other room. Thomas responded, "Tan disagrees!" I then asked, "Well, who is the boss?" He paused, and responded..."Wellll....." Shesh...never mind...I already know the answer to that one!

These kiddos make up our days; filling them with giggles and fights, group hugs and plenty of time-outs. At the end of each day, I look over at Thomas and just say..."They make me tired!" And, it's the honest truth...but they teach me so much more about really living life, than I could ever imagine teaching them!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful family! I'm right there with you, and still trying to find my mojo! Hugs to y'all!!

    ReplyDelete