Friday, September 21, 2012

Refresher Course Needed

Potty training stinks. That's my wise thought for the day. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to get one out of diapers!!! And, Tristan is doing absolutely amazing at potty training. . .in school. He's been in underwear all week and has had ZERO accidents. . .at school. They started out in pullups 2 weeks ago, put him on the potty every 10 minutes and now he's potty trained. . .in school.




At home has been a different story. I think the score is something like Potty 2 - Tristan 978, but who's counting?! And, not to mention who has time to sit a child on the potty every 10 minutes. So maybe I haven't been as consistent as Miss Meg, but I do offer candy and cookies for poop!

He knows when he needs to go. . .he asked Saturday afternoon if he could "tee tee in da gass!" So, he went in the grass. . .TWICE. So, I decided (wise Mommy here) that we would just leave his bottoms off in the house and that would help force him to go in the toilet. Shortly after being in the house, he gets put in timeout for who knows what that time. And I walked in the kitchen to see Tanner doing the slip-n-slide! Pee puddle. . .huge. . .and he was just sitting in it so nicely.

Sunday, after church I decided to give the bottom-free thing one more try. Not long after actually using the potty, he comes running up to me and says, "Mommy, come yook! I went tee tee!" I run after him thinking he is going to take me to his potty. . .he turns sharply at the kitchen and stops in front of the refrigerator. "Yook Mommy! I tee tee on da figrata!" He even opened the door and peed on the inside. Yummy, yes I know!

We've also had poop in the underwear, which I do not do. So, I just tossed 'em! But, my favorite of all. . .

One day this week, as soon as we pulled into the garage, Tristan tells me he wants to go "tee tee in da gass" again. So, I oblige being satisfied that he at least told me he needed to go. I help him get prepared, then grab Tanner and run it the house to drop all of our bags in the floor. Literally, that's all the time I was gone. I walked back outside and immediately saw it. He had pooped on the garage floor. Like a dog. I had to hold back from gagging, laughing & yelling at him. Thank goodness Thomas came home a minute or two later, because I just don't think I could've picked that up!

Thank goodness the last 2 days have gone better. He made it all the way to bed time last night with no accidents all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment