Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Cause for Serious Concern

I really need to catch up on Christmas and all, and I promise I will, but I had to share this HUGE problem I am having first...

It's called "Mommy-Brain," "forgetfulness," "absentmindedness,"I-have-to-much-on-my-mind-edness!" It is a serious concern as you will soon find out what I have done, or forgotten to do...on numerous occasions. I have heard of contracting "mommy-brain" while pregnant. Supposedly your hormones have something to do with the scatter brained issues and forgetfulness, but who knows?! I don't remember being this bad with TJ, but this time around, who knows what might happen!

We do not have a receptionist at our office, so we all answer the front door. One day, several months back, I answered the door. It was Tyler; she works for Corky (one of my bosses) at his other company. She asked to see Tanya...she had a gift to give her. So, of course, I said "no problem" and headed off to get Tanya for her. So, the next day Corky comes in my office with a smirk on his face and kind of stares at me with this questioning look. He says, "Ashlee, I was talking to Tyler this morning. She said she came by yesterday." I replied, "Yes, she came by to see Tanya." Still not knowing where he was going with this, he went on..."did she see Tanya?" It hit me like a bolt of lightning..."OH MY GOSH!!!" I had forgotten to get Tanya! From the time I answered the door, to the 5 yards to Tanya's office!!! I have no idea what happened...who stopped me in the hall for conversation, what fax did I picked up off of the machine??? It's gone, like a black hole...I don't know what happened to me! Corky busted out laughing and said that poor Tyler had waited up front for 15 minutes, and then just left her gift at the front because she didn't want to ring the bell again! How awful is that!

Well, then there's I had a Dr.'s appointment. I had to do the glucose tolerance test so I drank the deliciously sweet orange mixture (just kidding it's pretty nasty) and then went into the exam room to talk to the Dr. 5 minutes later, I am done with the Dr. and still have 45 minutes before my blood can be taken for the test. So, they said I could run a few errands, but had to be back in 40 minutes. I was excited not to have to sit there so I made the most of it by running to Party City to grab up some last minute birthday party gift bag things for TJ's party this Sunday. When I got back in the car it was around 3:30 Eastern Time, so I thought it would be a good time to call Thomas since he was in between school and baseball practice...just to fill him in on all of the stats at the Dr.'s office. While talking to him, I drove back to the Dr.'s office. Once there, I hurried Thomas off of the phone so I could make it back by the 1 hour mark. I pulled out my umbrella since today it is trying to snow, rain, and sleet all at the same time and headed in. I got there with 5 minutes to spare, so I had to sit and wait. Had my blood drawn, the tests run, and made my next appoitment. When I walked out, I grabbed my umbrella out of my purse and reached my hand into the pocket where I ALWAYS keep my keys...only they weren't there! Maybe the fell out into the black hole that is my purse. I felt around, still nothing. I shook my purse to listen for the keys, still nothing. What could I have done with them? I decided to walk over to my car to check if I might have left them on the seat by accident. As I got closer I heard car STILL RUNNING! I left my car in the parking lot, with the keys in the ignition, still running, unlocked, and went about my business at the Dr.'s office!!! I guess it's a good thing that I atleast put in in PARK!


  1. That's hilarious!! I feel the same way. You're stories were too cute! ;)

  2. Not to be a topper, but at least TJ wasn't in the car that was left running!!!! Seriously. I feel your pain!!!

  3. Holly, that totally makes me feel better! I have driven all of the way somewhere to realize I didn't buckle TJ's car seat!