Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is this just a phase?


TJ has recently been exaggerating his "greatness." He is always, and I mean always, telling everyone he comes in contact with just how strong he is and how he can "patect" (protect) everything. We were thinking this was just a phase and just kinda going along with it, but I am beginning to get a little worried. The other day he told a police officer..."you can't get me!" Thomas said the officer just looked at him and kinda smiled, but he had to be thinking..."what have those parents done for their child to be saying that to a cop!" Honestly, we have not said those words...believe me! And at home one night, he and Thomas were wrestling around and he informed us that he can break down our walls. Thomas snickered and gave me a "watch this" look and said, "show me" and pointed to the wall behind the couch. So, by all means, TJ swung his arm back and slammed his fist into the wall. Needless to say, the wall didn't budge. TJ kinda winced and shook it off and said, "well, not that wall." Then during one of our ususal morning coversations, TJ says "Mommy, I can stop a train!" To which I immediately responded..."NO, you can't!!!" "Well, I can stop a small one..." My response, "NO, you can't!!!" I mean, this is getting a little ridiculous! I am seriously worried that he thinks he is invincible...what if he decides to "patect" me and run in front of a car?! He's 4 and I know is aware that he can get hurt, but I guess he doesn't really get it...any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Ummm, have you ever met my husband?? Let me know if you get any good advice cause Bert needs it. :-) Kidding. Sort of. My mom has always said the most dangerous thing in this world is a male between the ages 2-21. NICE. Glad I've only got, oh, 21 more years of it!! Boys really do think they are invincible (sp?) which is why they are so dangerous. But, partly what makes them so fun. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun I have to look forward too!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete