Friday, April 24, 2009

Mya or should I say Houdini?


I am really excited to get started posting on this blog. I have been wanting to do this for a while now, and finally took the time to set one up...and surprisingly I took the most time coming up with the blog title! I really wanted to start this as a way to keep up with everyday occurances that happen in our lives and to share them with friends and family. My mom is always saying "you should write that down!" Most of the posts will probably be about our four year old, T.J., but lately most of our craziness revolves around the dog, Mya!!! We adopted her from the Humane Society...you know, trying to save just one! She was the sweetest, quietest puppy in the place! Come to find out, she is magic...should've named her Houdini! You see her pictured, she's not THAT big...yeah well, she can clear a 4 1/2 foot fence standing still! We bought a chain link fence so that she could spend the days outside instead of in a kennel...nice right? Well, she doesn't think so! We have spent who knows how much money rigging (Thanks Honey) the fence to keep her in. Thomas boards the top, she digs underneath the fence. He boards the bottom and puts net over the top, she jumps thru the net and puts a hole in it. Now, when she gets out you would think we would be worried that she will run away...well, don't worry about that...I couldn't make her run away! She just goes to the front and back doors and tears the weather stripping away trying to get in the house! But, in saying all of this, know that our son loves his dog and always says "Mya is my best friend Mommy," with his sweetest blue eyes. And I have to give her credit, she is absolutey GREAT with TJ. What's a Mommy to do?

2 comments:

  1. Yea Ashley!! I'm adding your link to my site! I love your title. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... Crazy dog, but you can't say no to those precious big blue eyes. ;) So glad you started this. Keep it going. I've got to update soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete